||Dobro classes will give you a foundation for traditional and modern styles of lap-style slide guitar in G major tuning, including:
- Easy-to-play vintage Dobro licks based around the straight-bar major chords, and how to use them to build a solo or play backup—all the tricks of the trade that would have made a Grand Ole Opry audience go wild in the 1950s!
- Extensive right and left hand exercises to improve your picking, sliding, intonation, hammer-ons, pull-offs, and rolls.
- Strategies for finding chord tones (and hence the melody) within the scale, but away from the straight-bar chords, which will improve your ability to construct a solo in a modern bluegrass Dobro style that incorporates open strings, hammer-ons, pull-offs, etc.
- How to add some blues licks.
- How to find minor chords in G major tuning, and how to use that knowledge to help you play effective melodies over minor chords.
- What to do when you’re not soloing or filling: a few different ways to play rhythm and add texture.
- A few great Dobro tunes to add to your repertoire
- And plenty more!